A downloadable game for Windows
In the fantastic, far-off future era of 1993, the galaxy is at peace. Under the benevolent rule of the highly-advanced Galactic Empire, our modern societal ills have been cured, and demons plaguing mankind since antiquity have been laid to rest.
Fortunately, we've managed to dig up some new ones in the process.
On the far outskirts of imperial space, this blessed tranquility is broken as a gallery of rogues stage a rebel insurrection. Again. (Third time this year, actually.) The stage is set for another standoff between the law that protects us and the freedom it stifles. However, something far more sinister than freedom may be at work here...
Star Wrecker is a sci-fi themed bullet hell game in the vein of Touhou Project or Dodonpachi. You, the player, are pitted against waves of increasingly-tough enemies which barrage the playing field with massive amounts of bullets -- sometimes hundreds can be onscreen at a time! Don't despair too much, though -- as long as the bullets don't touch your "hit box" -- a tiny circle in the middle of your character -- you're safe. Your goal is to survive to the end of the game, and rack up as many points as possible!
This game contains:
- Skippable cutscenes
- Flying robots
- An anime girl
- A robot maid
- 3 playable characters
- 6 stages
- An unlockable Ex stage and Infinity Mode
- Replay functionality
- A glitch where the game zooms in on your character's groin upon selecting them when in fullscreen
Changes for v1.0b:
- Added FPS display during gameplay
- Reduced the size of the torpedoes' hitboxes
- Fixed broken end-of-game high score ranking
- Made the all-clear scoring work properly (it called the generic end-of-stage sequence by accident)
- Removed some duplicate BGM data from the SFX folder (no clue what it was doing there)
Just unzip the contents into your directory of choice and play. Requires OpenGL support.